Are you looking to meet new people? Do you want to utilize, improve or develop your skills? Do you like working with people from different cultures? Do you want to fill employment gaps in your resumé? Then, we want you! Contact Jake at 507-434-2863 to learn about volunteer opportunities at the Welcome Center.
How You Can Help
- Serve as a mentor to limited English speakers.
- Provide administrative support to staff members.
- Maintain, organize and distribute items from our Personal Care Shelf.
- Assist with special events (Taste of Nations, Film Festival, etc).
- Use your talents or specialized training.
- Update forms, in-takes and surveys.
- Help us conduct surveys.
- Tutor a client.
- Teach a class.
- feel comfortable working with children and adults from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds;
- react with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs;
- maintain a positive and professional attitude;
- keep information confidential and respect the confidential nature of client records and services.
Application DownloadInterested applicants should download, print and return the volunteer application to the Welcome Center. Applications are also available at our office.