Date posted: October 13, 2016
Follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/welcomecenter to get the latest updates.
Job Description:The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Welcome Center. The Welcome Center serves the City of Austin as the community’s multi-cultural center, building community by welcoming newcomers, supporting residents in transition and creating access and opportunity. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Currently this position has 3 direct reports.
General Responsibilities1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for leading the Welcome Center in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Welcome Center, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Welcome Center’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of Welcome Center’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Welcome Center can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of the Welcome Center’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of Welcome Center operations.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Required Minimum Qualifications• Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to speak at public functions and ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, board members and the public
• Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
Preferred Qualifications• Nonprofit experience
• 4 year degree
• Experience with managing, analyzing and preparing budgets
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Grant writing experience
• Bilingual Skills
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to apply:Application can be found at the bottom of this page. You may also pick up an application at our office at 111 N Main St. For more information, please call us at 507-434-2863. Completed applications, resumes and cover letters can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org